Quotes from our Visitors' Book
- "Thanks for a wonderful few days - we certainly found it hard to leave! A stunning property....we certainly would love to return." - A and S, Mandurah
- "Relaxing, serene and welcoming. You have created a beautiful space that inspires the mind and makes us thankful for the simple pleasures in life - fresh air and a beautiful quiet natural space." - M and A, Newcastle
- "What a lovely surprise! True paradise with everything you could possibly need or want having been anticipated! We loved our stay and are sad to be leaving." - S and J, Sydney
- "We had such a peaceful and relaxing stay - just what we needed." - R and J, Fremantle
- "Wow - what a garden and your warm hospitality - our stay is too short!" - H and K, Barossa Valley
- "Loved the warm log fire on arrival. Very comfortable and clean accommodation. The bird life is amazing and your garden one of the most beautiful and stunning we've seen! Loved the dogs too." - J and R, Germany
- "We loved the spacious accommodation and your garden is just superb - we enjoyed the relaxing ambience and the abundant bird-life." - C and R, Adelaide
- "What a lovely piece of paradise! The dogs, the wonderful bird life, beautiful grounds and comfortable, clean accommodation. Thank you for providing a wonderful retreat!" - E and W, Maine, USA
- "We could not be any happier at finding your amazing garden to have our wedding ceremony in. You put so much time and effort to make your garden even more stunning for our special day..Thank you from the bottom of our hearts." - H and A, Bridgetown
- "This is a lovely and peaceful place with such a beautiful garden! We have had good nights' sleep and had breakfast on the deck while watching all the birds!" - E and A, Norway
- "Many thanks for providing such a beautiful space to stay. Loveliest place we've stayed in Australia - happy gardening!" - T and C, Canada
- View our photo gallery above for a preview of the gardens and accommodation at Lakeside.
- Our garden is a bird-watchers paradise with masses of wrens, robins, finches, parrots, rosellas and more!
- Sit on your private deck with barbecue and take in the abundant bird life while you sip on a local wine.
- Unwind and relax in comfort while you experience the peace and tranquility of the Southwest in our large garden surrounded by towering Karri trees.
- The accommodation offers splendid views of the gardens which has been open to the public in the Australian Open Garden Scheme and Festival of Country Gardens.
- The 6 acre property features several stands of majestic ancient grass trees - some as tall as 4 metres, a large lake with fountain, winding walk tracks and is surrounded by karri trees which are the third largest trees in the world. Our garden display includes many cool climate plants such as rhododendrons, azaleas, mollis azaleas, many varieties of deciduous trees as well as Australian Natives.
- There are benches throughout the garden where you can just sit and absorb the serenity of your surroundings.
- Be captivated by the early morning mist hovering over the lake at dawn.
- We would be happy for you to celebrate your wedding in our garden and, with sufficient notice, would be prepared to plant annuals to suit your colour scheme.
- Have Wrens feed out of your hand