Things to do
Pemberton has an unlimited number of attractions suited to all ages. Why not explore some of the following while visiting the region:
- Big Brook Dam with its soaring Karri trees - safe for swimming and a beautiful sandy beach - great for picnics - there is a 4km walk around the dam.
- The Pemberton Tramway experience - take a slow tram ride through the beautiful Karri forest in an old fashioned open tram with experienced guide.
- Two lookout trees which visitors can climb to the platforms in their upper branches - the Gloucester Tree is 61 metres high and the Bicentennial Tree, 75 metres high.
- Beedelup Falls with its suspension bridge crossing the falls, spectacular, especially in winter.
- Donnelly River Cruises - a unique experience - cruise along a 12km section only accessible by boat.
- Pemberton Discovery 4wd and Winery Tours - take a trip to the Yeagarup Dunes - the largest landlocked dune system in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Fresh Trout and Marron - buy direct from local farms, or catch your own in the farm ponds .
- The Wine & Truffle Co - the largest producer of fresh truffles in the Southern Hemisphere.
- Equipark Horse Trail Rides.
- Gloucester National Park - on our back doorstep.
- Pemberton lies on the Bibbulmun Track which winds through some of the most beautiful stretches of the Karri forest.
- Spectacular wildflowers in springtime.
- Pemberton is home to some of the best wineries in the South West region which has gained global recognition for its Chardonnay and Pinot Noir wines.
- There are many award winning wineries including Lost Lake Wines, which you will pass on your way into the town from Manjimup.
- View the Pemberton Wine Region website for information on wineries in our area.